Friday, January 25, 2013

a pinned it, made it update--

Let's start with the perhaps not so good--

I wanted to like these healthy, breakfast type muffins, I really did.
I listed out the changes I made on my repin. But you can read it right here too:

#Oatmeal #Cupcakes: 3 mashed bananas (the riper the better!), 1 cup vanilla almond milk, 2 eggs, 1 tbsp baking powder, 3 cups oats, 1 tsp vanilla extract, 3 tbsp mini chocolate chips (or blueberries)]:: made these tonight. Subbed baking soda and 1/2 c. Vanilla Yogurt bc I didn't have baking powder. Plus I had plain Almond milk. I think they may be better cooled and with a little sweetener. Glad I used choc chips. And wish I knew the nutritional values...just how healthy are these?

So, they were oddly moist. Perhaps from the yogurt? I subbed the baking soda and yogurt because I did not have baking powder. And they needed a bit of sweetener for me. The bites with chocolate chips are manageable but those without are not so good. At all.  I have eaten two but I doubt the other 10 are ingested. 

Now the next item I am sharing is delicious. Hear me: DELICIOUS. I will go out on a limb and say they are the best cookies I have ever made and possibly ever tasted. I made them in late November when my mom had surgery. She loved them too. 


If I were not faithfully counting calories, I would make these again ASAP.

These do not qualify as pins I have made, but here is a short list of good things getting me through my semi-restricted diet:

Fat Free French Vanilla Coffee-Mate. I like it hazelnut coffee.

Greek yogurt. I am using this as the base for a lot of things. I add about a tablespoon of dry ranch dressing mix to one container and use that as a veggie dip. I have added a tsp. of low fat mayo but found I could not taste the difference, so now I eliminate it.

This salmon. It is pretty flavorful and at 140 calories per serving it is a winner. It is also very easy to prepare.

Bonus: I discovered yesterday that one Dove chocolate heart (milk or dark chocolate) is just about 40 calories. Good news!







Pin It

No comments: